Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Say "Hello" to my little friend

We are in the throes of a NYC summer which means it is hot as hell outside. It also happens to be an ice box inside my office. I often find myself with at least 3 layers of clothing on and a shawl on my lap, fingers tinged blue as I type away. This is not okay.

My last space heater died on me about a month ago (R.I.P) and I have been suffering through the frigid office temperatures alone. I hit up every possible store within a 10 block radius looking for a new space heater, but to no avail. (Strangely, all they have out are air conditioners and fans...) I finally ordered this little guy online. He oscillates, has multiple temperature controls, including a fan and "anti-freeze" for those really cold days, and a remote control! I guess I won't have to use my toes anymore.

My only issue with him is that he beeps at me a lot. Press a button and he beeps. Move him and he beeps. Look at him wrong and he beeps. He'd be perfect if he were just a little quieter...



No comments: