Tuesday, November 09, 2010

The Worst Gift To Ever Have To Give

Recently, a lot of loved ones of my loved ones have passed away.  I didn't know these people personally, but they were parents, grandparents, and other family members of my dear friends. 

And so I've been purchasing sympathy baskets more often than wedding presents this year. It's a little weird. And sad. It is also very difficult purchasing that kind of gift. I know, it is purely a thoughtful gesture, but right now I am perusing Godiva Chocolate's "Sympathy" section and it is a hard decision which box of chocolates to send.  Is the $50 truffle selection enough? Too much?

Also, last week my coworker's father-in-law passed away and they received a ton of food while sitting shiva.  They couldn't eat it all so she brought some of it into work.  I have to admit, it felt a little uncomfortable eating chocolate chip poundcake that existed only because someone had died. 

No comments: