Friday, November 13, 2009

Busted!

The institution I work for has made a huge effort to "go green, " which I think is wonderful. I have been advocating for better recycling for years, and I am known in my office for shutting down not only my own computer, but those of my neighboring coworkers (yes, I make sure they have left for the day.) I am also the one who promptly shuts off the light for the copy room at 5pm.

So imagine my dismay and embarrassment when I received this email today:

Hello,
During this week your computer was left on one or more times. This is just a friendly reminder to please program your computer to shut itself down each night. There is a new program that will allow you to schedule your computer to shutdown at a pre-determined time.

The thing is, I remember coming in one morning and noticing my computer hadn't shut down. I have auto-shutdown scheduled for 6:30pm. What they don't tell you is that if there is an error closing a program, the computer won't shut down. So it really wasn't my fault, right? RIGHT?

No comments: