Wednesday, September 09, 2009

The Assassination of Fortune Cookie
















I received a call at work today from a manager in another department. At the end of the call, she mentions that she was chatting with this employee we know who is rather weird and socially awkward. They were talking about her finishing up grad school and what she wanted to do after she received her masters degree.

Her response: "I want Fortune Cookie's job."

Uh. That's very specific, right?
It's fine and all, but you, dear reader, probably know more about what I do at work than this girl does. It's not just me looking pretty and teaching a class every few weeks. I told a friend about this and she asked if it was more a statement of admiration or will there be an assassination attempt in the future? Honestly, I think the latter.

Although, even with me out of the picture, it's unlikely they would hire this girl for my job. Weird and socially awkward do not a Fortune replacement make.
In the meantime, I'll still keep an eye on her...

No comments: