Friday, June 13, 2008

Eat Right 4 Your Type















SMM told me about this book, Eat Right 4 Your Type, and how it explains what foods are best for your blood type. It's kind of like reading the description of your zodiac sign: "hard-working," "practical," "magnetic," "confident," "independent" and "hard to resist."

I looked it up today and I have mixed feelings about my results:

Type Bs are "balanced omnivores," with a diet that is balanced and wholesome with a wide variety of foods. Well, thank goodness for that.

It says I should avoid shelfish, which is perfectly fine by me anyway, especially after the flashing-eyed lobster experience.

But then it tells me I should also avoid the following:

  • corn (I heart sweet corn)
  • chicken (perhaps)
  • ice cream (riiiight)
  • nuts (this includes peanut butter, which therefore includes Reese's peanut butter cups, which therefore is never going to happen)
  • all wheat products (#%*?!)
  • tomatoes (on the fence about this one: I'd survive without salsa)
  • avocado (ah, guacamole!)
  • tofu (for god's sake, I'm ASIAN)
  • corn syrup (which I know I should avoid, but I can't help it)
  • distilled liquor (for real? but UNdistilled liquor is acceptable?)
Honestly, I don't think I'll be giving up any of the above. I hope this doesn't affect my being "magnetic" and "hard to resist."

No comments: