Friday, April 16, 2010

Special Person's Day

It was Grandparents and Special Person's (or maybe it was Special Friend's) Day at E$'s preschool. Since his grandparents aren't nearby, I was called on to be his Special Person. Aw.

I'd been to similar types of things when Maddog was that age so I thought I knew what to expect: snacks and a little bit of singing. I was wrong. No snacks and nothing so organized like a song circle. We played with green play-doh for an hour.

I'm happy to take a few hours off work to play with my favorite nephew, but I can play with him any time and I was kinda hoping to see a bunch of cute 3 year olds singing songs like "Hot Cross Buns" or something. I did get to meet some of his friends (he even remembered to introduce me) and he told me the girl sitting next to him "worries a lot." I didn't get a lot of details about why she worried so much, but I thought it was pretty funny he said that. She did have her brow furrowed while playing with the play-doh...


No comments: