Monday, January 25, 2010

Kicks reversion

At dinner the other night, the topic of properly tying your shoelaces came up. MT demonstrated, and I immediately went to put my shoes on and try out the new technique.

Until I realized that I was wearing Vans slip-ons. And that I don't really own shoes with laces. (Except my running shoes, and maybe a pair of old Vans I wear in the summer.) Does this mean I'm either too lazy to be bothered with laces or I'm reverting back to childhood when shoes were always slip-on or velcro?

Here are instructions for tying shoelaces (It's called a Granny knot):

  1. Entire Right lace crosses over Left lace.
  2. Then bring the Right lace under the Left lace.
  3. Hold end of Right lace in right hand, hold end of Left lace in left hand.
  4. Pull both ends at the same time and tighten.
  5. Then make your traditional bow to finish up the process of tying your shoelaces the correct way.

Your bow will look perfect. The bow won't look crooked on your shoe. It will lie perpendicular to the length of your shoe. And, more importantly your shoelaces will not come undone because you tied them in a Granny knot. You tied them the right way. The only difference is that with the Granny knot you always start with the Right lace always crossing over the Left lace.

So there.

No comments: