Sunday, December 06, 2009

Meatball Cookoff 2009

It was time again for the annual Meatball Cookoff! As with every year, competition was tough, meatballs were eaten and judged, winners were crowned and good times were had by all.

This year, the winners were:
  • Best Meatball (round robin judging): Party Balls
  • Best Non-Traditional (non-Italian): Meat Your Maker
  • Audience Favorite: Y Tu Meatball Tambien
  • The three above competed for the Championship (winner's belt): Y Tu Meatball Tambien
  • Best Team Name: Y Tu Meatball Tambien

For the second year in a row, Dirty Cookie (Team: Y Tu Meatball Tambien) took the Audience Favorite trophy, the Championship belt, AND the prize for best team name!

Aside: I was in charge of drawing the names of judges. In the second round of the competition, it came down to Aaron and Dirty and I drew my own name. Yikes. Now, these are two of my best friends--and I have a birthday coming up--so I did what anyone would do: quietly drew another name instead.




























































No comments: